10 Secrets To Justify Chocolate In Your Diet
By Alexa Cooper
1. Buy high fiber chocolate muesli. A diet high in fiber keeps the digestive system healthy, keeps you feel full longer and can be of great aid in any weight loss program. Of cause you can also choose granola or cereal if you prefer it. However, always make sure it has a lot of fiber in it. Chocolate muesli is awesome in cherry yogurt. Everyone who likes chocolate covered cherries should try this for a substitute or simply have it as breakfast in the mornings.
2. Buy chocolate protein bars. Protein is not only important in proper muscle development, but also plays a major role in weight loss. I know not everyone is too concerned with their protein intake. However, eating a chocolate protein bar is probably much more beneficial than eating a chocolate chip cookie. Also, there are granola bars that have chocolate pieces in them and they are great for a snack during the day.
3. Drop mini chocolate chips in your plain yogurt or cottage cheese. Recommended are three servings of dairy daily. Dairies provide you with calcium and protein. Three a day doesn't really sound that difficult. However, plain yogurt and plain cottage cheese do sound a little boring for every day eating. I would suggest not only to drop some chocolate chips into them, but also a little spoon full of your favorite low sugar jelly or simply cut a fruit up and mix it in as well. It really helps with the bitter taste those foods sometimes carry.
4. For a healthy dessert choose chocolate covered fruit. Fruits have many vitamins. They are essential for good health as well as fighting colds and similar sicknesses. Also fruits support the body with a good amount of fiber, keeping you full and your weight loss going. I would say my favorite foods to cover in chocolate are apples and bananas. Also you might like strawberries, grapes, pineapple, cherries, pears, mandarins and mango.
5. Just have one piece a day for the good benefits of chocolate. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate contains antioxidants those things that keep you healthy and young. Honestly, there is a lot of bad chocolate out there. If you want to eat chocolate go and buy some German or Switzerland brand. Treat yourself to a little luxury every day. Spoil yourself. You don't need to eat that cheap chocolate in bulk, get a little bit special instead.
6. Put some cocoa in your coffee. Cocoa is known to be an energy drink. Put a little of it into your coffee as an extra good tasting boost. I am sure if you like mochas, you will like this as well. When you brew your coffee at home, at one teaspoon of cocoa (the powder you use for baking as well) to every four coffee scoops. Of course you can change the amounts and see if you need a little more or less.
7. Drop some Nutella into your protein shake. Again, protein is very important for the muscle building of the body. Many people lost weight by simply increasing the protein in their diet. I know most people in the US are far more familiar with peanut butter than with Nutella. However, this food is heavenly. One thing to consider is that every Nutella made in America or Mexico includes peanut oil. This just doesn't taste as good as the stuff made in Europe.
8. Drink hot cocoa instead of eating plain chocolate. At least you get some benefits with the milk. Plain chocolate is a very calorie dense food. It is especially high on fat and sugar. By adding some milk to the chocolate you add a good amount of protein and calcium. Again, we are talking about the three servings of dairy a day. Did you know that if the body does not have enough calcium it makes it harder for you to lose weight? Therefore, keep drinking that milk.
9. Treat yourself with a parfait that includes a thin layer of chocolate sauce. Parfaits are great because they are a combination of healthy yogurt, vitamin rich fruit and high fiber cereal. As to parfaits, I like to use frozen berries for the bottom layer. Just defrost them a little longer and they are nice and warm. Next, I use plain yogurt for the middle and finally I top it off with crunchy granola. This makes it so delicious. The chocolate layer I would put right in the middle in between the yogurt. It sounds just right.
10. After dinner have a little chocolate covered mint. Mind is a great way to refresh your breath after dinner. I suppose the mint is not helping with your weight loss, however it is important and makes it easier to keep your friends. Who wants to be lonely during all those weight loss struggles? Therefore, put some chocolate around the mind and treat yourself and your friends good.
To read more by Alexa Cooper on weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle visit her website at http://www.10stepstoweightloss.com/blog
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alexa_Cooper