Pages

Search This Blog

It's Just Not Chocolate!




Frequently in the office about 2:00-2:30 p.m., a cry will be heard! "I need chocolate!" More often than not, it's a woman's voice. Women are not the only ones who need chocolate, however. When I used to keep a bowl of chocolate goodies on my desk, it was usually the guys who were carrying off handfuls of chocolate at a time! From my limited observations, generally, men go in search of chocolate and women call out for it. Both methods are usually effectively fulfilled. As for me, I no longer keep a bowl at my desk, because I found myself eating more than I should.

A few months ago, our women's ministry at church hosted an event to sign up for ladies' small groups coming open. It was simple called, "A Chocolate Event" featuring a chocolate fountain and all kinds of goodies to dip in the fountain. Attendance was expected to be around 100, but over 350 ladies came. They walked in the large double doors almost giddy at the prospects of eating the yummy goodies covered in luscious chocolate.

When I host any kind of function at my home, whether it's a brunch, baby shower, wedding shower, luncheon, small group, or just a neighborhood gathering, my menu always includes a chocolate dessert as well as something salty. You just can't go wrong with chocolate!

There are all kinds of chocolate - organic chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, unsweetened, bittersweet, and semi-sweet, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, Couverture, Gianduja, and compound chocolate.

Recipes calling for chocolate are virtually unlimited from souffles to ice cream to warm luscious desserts, icing, candy, coffee, liquors to chocolate soup.

Last week we celebrated Easter on Wednesday because that's when our son had his daughter. We stuffed plastic eggs with candy and hid them all over the back yard. Did I mention that my granddaughter is only two years old? She found a few eggs when one popped open and to her surprise, she discovered chocolate candy inside. She was so excited! She promptly sat down in the grass and began enjoying her trophies! It didn't matter that there were more eggs to find; she was enjoying her chocolate! I grin, every time that snapshot comes to mind! Actually that's how I like to enjoy my chocolate - sitting down, taking a nibble of chocolate and savoring each bite!

Every Valentine's Day now for several years, when we arrive at the office and settle in behind the desk, our eyes fall upon a surprise gift of wrapped chocolates. It's still a mystery who it is that manages to beat every one of us to the office to leave a delightful gift for each employee. There's no better way to start the day than with a cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate! This act of kindness helps each one of us know that we are valued and special to this "undisclosed" giver. Hopefully he (or she) is as blessed with our reactions as we are with the little gifts!

Perhaps today you will be the recipient of an unexpected gift of chocolate...or perhaps you have decided to be kind to someone else and surprise them with a lovely gift of chocolate. Either way, may you be fortunate enough to have someone in your life who cares about you...or that you care about! There is no greater gift!

Glo Johnsen owns the Organic Chocolate Yummies webstore specializing in beautiful organic chocolates for your green weddings and for gifts! We also sell chocolate as a bulk ingredient and many finished products for retail stores. Visit http://www.OrganicChocolateYummies.com and surprise that love one with their favorite food group-Organic Chocolate.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Glo_Johnsen

1 comment:

my real estate blog said...

Nice post! I enjoyed reading this informative post about chocolate. This is very useful. Wish I stumbled your site before. Thanks a lot for this valuable information.




gift to the Philippines

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails